Sunday, September 30, 2007

KIDS ARE SO FUNNY!

I only have 4 funny stories but I don't want to forget them and I think that this is a good way to remember.

1. The other day I was in a store playing with Parker in the kids area when this little girl came over to me and asked if she could play with us. I said "of course you can" and the little girl proceeded to sit almost right on top of me. After a few minutes she looked down at my belly and then looked at me and said "You've got a big belly" I laughed and said "yes I do" but before I could say anything else she very convincingly told me that "There might be a baby in there." I laughed out loud. She said it as if I had not ever thought of that. The lady behind me laughed too and then said " I've got to get out of here before she sees me, I don't have a baby inside mine." Kids are so honest.

2. We went to the store the other day and Parker saw this old McDonald tractor and barn toy that he loved. We were having trouble getting him to leave it when his Nana asked him if he would like for baby Reese to buy it for him when she gets here. Trying to A. make him excited for his baby sister to get here and B. to get us out of the store. The next morning we were sitting on the couch and Parker crawled over into my lap and asked to see baby Reese. I pulled my shirt up over my belly and let him see it. He pointed at my belly and said "come out baby Reese". I thought oh how cute but then he followed it with "and go get me my tractor". I laughed so hard that now he asks me all the time when baby Reese is coming out so he can get his tractor. Funny kid.

3. We were having a little trouble with this big boy bed thing because Parker has learned that he can get out of it by himself. One morning he woke up at 6:15 and got out of his bed and came into my room to wake me up. I don't like this for more than one reason but the main reason is I don't like being asleep and my child awake roaming the house. Also it is too early and if he would lay there he would fall back asleep and be in a much better mood for the rest of the day. I told a few of my friends about this and they told me that with their boys they told them that they were not aloud to get out of there bed until Mommy or Daddy came in and got them out. One told hers that When he woke up if he would call her and tell her that he was awake she would come get him.
So, I told Parker that he was not to get out of his bed until Mommy or Daddy came in and got him. I told him that when he woke up he just needed to say "Mommy I'm awake" and I would come get him. The first night trying this I put him in the bed and we said our good nights and I shut the door. About 5 min. later I heard Parker yelling from his bed "Mommy I awake". It was so funny.

4. He really is smarter than I am already. Today we were laying in his bed after his nap playing with his animals. I took the kangaroo and showed him how it had a baby in its belly kind of like mommy has a baby in her belly. Parker looked at me and said "ooh-ee mommy" I didn't know what he was saying and so again I tried to explain it to him. He again and a little louder said "ooh-ee mommy". I kind of brushed him off and I could tell it was bothering him that I wasn't getting it so with all his might he yelled "OOH-EE mommy" and then suddenly it hit me a baby kangaroo is called a Joey and he was trying to correct me. I just laughed, thanks to his grandparents he knows more than I do. Maybe the the grandparents could start teaching me things so that I can play with my 2 year old.

5 comments:

The Hazlewoods said...

Randi...I saw your post on my blog and I was so excited to see your name! I can't believe you are going to be a mommy again. How fun! I am trying to stay sane with my little one-monther! It gets better every day so we are having fun! Email me sometime...hazlewoodk@yahoo.com so we can chat.

Kristin said...

Those stories are hilarious, especially the one about Parker wanting Reese to come out so she could buy him his tractor. That will be a story to tell her some day. I can't wait to meet her! Not too much longer :)

Whitney said...

oh my gosh that is SO cute!! I am loving these stories! Parker is hilarious. I SO wish we all lived closer:(

Amanda's News said...

Funny! Parker cracks me up!

Lindsay said...

Hey Randi!! I found your blog through Whitney's and it's great to hear that you all are doing well. Parker is so adorable and congrats for your little girl on the way. When are you due?